Canadian Yearly Meeting is a body of the (Friends General Conference), Canada Yearly Meeting (Five Years Meeting) and Canada Yearly Meeting (Conservative).
Canadian Yearly Meeting (CYM) consists of 23 Monthly Meetings (MMs), in 5 regional groupings:
- Western Half Yearly Meeting: Prairie MM, Calgary MM, Edmonton MM, Argenta MM, Vernon MM, Vancouver MM, Vancouver Island MM, Saanich Peninsula MM.
- Pelham Half Yearly Meeting: Kitchener Area MM, Coldstream MM, Yarmouth MM, Pelham Executive Meeting.
- Yonge St. Half Yearly Meeting: Toronto MM, Hamilton MM, Yonge St. MM, Simcoe-Muskoka MM.
- St. Lawrence Regional Gathering: Ottawa MM, Wooler MM, Thousand Islands MM, Montreal MM.
- Atlantic Friends Gathering: New Brunswick MM, Annapolis Valley MM, Halifax MM.
The annual Yearly Meeting Sessions are held in the summer, rotating between sites in western, central and eastern Canada. CYM carries out work through various committees, including the Canadian Friends Service Committee.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Canadian Yearly Meeting. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with QuakerWiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|